My Chemical Romance and MASScanvas have teamed up to bring artists, fans, and T-shirt design enthusiasts the “My Chemical Romance T-shirt Design Contest.” The band is looking for people to submit a T-shirt design that represents the theme “Good vs. Evil.” Best part: not only do winning designers earn some serious cash and recognition, but proceeds from the winning tees support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Watch the video of Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance
Here are a few key details and dates:
· Design submission dates are from July 1-22.
· In-progress designs and qualified contest entries will on display at http://apps.facebook.com/masscanvas/challenge.
· Public voting takes place from July 23-31.
· The band will pick the ultimate 5 winners based on the top 20 designs from the public vote.
· The 5 winners will be announced via video by the band on or around August 18th.
· Only these top 5 designs will be printed and sold in highly limited editions at http://apps.facebook.com/masscanvas/shop.
· The 5 winners will each receive $1,000, and the top seller will receive an additional $1,500.
· For every winning T-shirt sold at the end of this contest, MASScanvas will donate $2 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
· It only takes $7,500 to grant one child’s wish, and the ultimate goal is to grant as many as possible.
Check out MassCanvas for more information on the My Chemical Romance t-shirt design contest.